Sunday, April 22, 2012

Personal Cause... Awareness Week

National Infertility Awareness Week!

Infertility Awareness

It is only fitting that by God's design we meet our Intended Parents on the first day of National Infertility Awareness Week.... It is April 22-April 28.  Wear orange to support the cause!



Most of us know what infertility is... or assume we know.  It is a disease of the reproductive system.  It's diagnosed after a couple has had one year of unprotected sex trying to conceive, multiple miscarriages in a woman under 35, or 6 mo. of trying to conceive after the age of 35.  30% of cases are from female infertility, 30% are from male infertility, 20%-30% are unknown origin, and 10% are from both partners being infertile.

1 in 8 couples of reproduction age suffers from infertility!

Infertility effects approximately 10% of the population.  That being said- I am NOT one of the 10% obviously.



But just because it doesn't effect me doesn't mean I'm not affected by it.  Did you catch that????

I feel this guilt when I hear of these loving deserving parents that LONG for a family of their own... when I didn't have to try for mine.  I feel for them... I have what they are missing.

Please check out this AMAZING blog post....  No foot too small

I can't wait to share more of our meeting but for now... be in prayer for those waiting, for those longing, for those whose hearts ache when they see a mother and her baby, for those who see a father pushing her daughter on a swing and want that.

But for now... Don't ignore...


Don't ignore the signs of infertility, the pain of those who are going through it, the longing of those who want a family, the people around you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment